Get the Best Experience in Independent Publishing: Work for Black Classic Press
If you’ve always wanted to work in book publishing and learn the ins and outs of production and administration from the ground up, this could be the right opportunity for you. Black Classic Press has a position open for a publishing assistant.
At the direction of the publisher, the publishing assistant helps coordinate multiple aspects of Black Classic Press operations, including production, order fulfillment/customer service, and inventory management as well as marketing and communications. This is a hands-on publishing position working in production and administration, with limited editorial responsibilities. Initially, the publishing assistant will work 20-30 hours per week with the expectation of becoming a full-time employee. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, who works well independently and at the direction of others.
To be considered, qualified applicants will have:
- A college degree with a strong background in History, English, Social Science or Mass Communications
- 2 years of administrative/office experience
- An experienced awareness of Black history, literature, and culture
- Superior organization skills
- Advanced skill in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Social Media
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Better than average grammar and math skills
To apply, email your resume with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes may be submitted until July 31, 2017.
For a detailed description of job duties and qualifications, visit the employment section of BCP’s website.